Sunday, May 10, 2009

Garden hopes. . .

I have always wanted a garden.  Last fall my hopes became a bit closer to reality when a friend graciously cleared trees from our yard to create a bigger space.  The space is nice and big and lots of fresh topsoil was put in place. 

This week we worked to get it ready for planting..

Fresh tilled dirt . . .

IMG_8956

 

Teenage helpers …

IMG_8962   

And their muscles. . .

IMG_8963

 Brains and more muscle. . . 

IMG_8984

 

 Cute face. . .

IMG_8981

Brush fire. . .

IMG_8988

 

Baths every night this week!

IMG_8993

 

And Voila!!  This part is finished!

IMG_9000

Now I get to start planting!!

5 comments:

Tammy said...

Woo hoo! You didn't mention that your fence was up now! Ohhh, I'm so excited for you :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Tina said...

Thanks. . the truth is, I am a little scared about the next step! But I will try to give myself a "first year" - Isn't that what you always say ;)

KATHY REIMER said...

I am so HAPPY for you! God does give us the desires of our heart. It looks so pretty too. :)

Emily said...

wow... looks awesome!

Sherry - Mommy Missionary said...

Hey! So I'm a little slow in finding your blog...I didn't realize you had one! How fun. We are busy trying to get our garden started as well...we could use some of your teenage helpers! We are only putting in railroad ties though...no fences this year.

We are hoping to visit Fort and some of our students next week...probably Wed. Hope you are free, I'd LOVE to see you and catch up!

sherry