Saturday, March 28, 2009

Yummy Cupcakes

Today I made Heather’s 6 Week Bran Muffins and while I was making them, the muffin tin reminded me of one of my favorite desserts. I haven’t made this dessert in a very long time because I have been known to eat the entire batch by myself a ton of them in one sitting. I just have trouble saying no.

We call them Yummy Cupcakes, but they may actually have a different name.

Don’t they look YUMMY? I can almost taste them :)

IMG_6273

Yummy Cupcakes

8 oz Cream Cheese
2/3 c sugar
1 egg
¼ tsp salt
1½ Chocolate Chips
In a medium bowl, beat together until light and fluffy. Add the chocolate chips and keep in refrigerator till needed.

3 c flour
2 c sugar
2 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
½ cocoa powder
2/3 c vege oil
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp vinegar
2c water

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.

2. In a large bowl, mix together flour, 2 cups sugar, cocoa, 1 teaspoon salt and baking soda. Stir in oil, water, vinegar and vanilla until blended. Pour mixture into prepared muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full.

3. Drop a heaping teaspoonful of the cream cheese mixture into the center of each cupcake. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Allow to cool.

I like to freeze them and take them out as I need them. They thaw well AND taste yummy frozen.

My Bran Muffins turned out pretty yummy (thanks Heather), but I may be making cupcakes tomorrow :)

Tina

1 comment:

Mrs. E. said...

Oh, yum! I'll take the chocolate and cream cheese ones please!